30 North Ferry Street, Schenectady
St. George's Episcopal Church
About 30 North Ferry Street
Additional information on church services
Historic photos and information: Library of Congress
Tablet: First Service of the Episcopal Church in Schenectady was held by Rev. John Miller, in 1695. Erection of present church edifice was begun in 1759, and was several years in building.
First resident clergyman was the Rev. William Andrews, from 1770 to 1773. Sir William Johnson was a frequent worshiper here, and contributed liberally to its erection and support. The tower, originally of wood, was rebuilt of stone in 1870.