Second Site of Dutch Church, Schenectady

Second Site of Dutch Church house photo

Details

Erected: 1898

View Map

About Second Site of Dutch Church

Second Site of Dutch Church
This was at intersection of Union and Church Streets. Built 1834. Taken down and rebuilt on present site 1814, burned 1861 and rebuilt 1863.

During massacre, Feb. 8-9, 1690, on South East corner of these streets, eight persons were killed, and on South West corner, none were killed.

Near Washington Avenue, on North side of Union Street, two were killed and sever taken prisoners.

First Propietors of Schenectady. By purchase, from Dutch West India Company.
Arent Van Curler, Bastial De Winter, Philip Hendricks Brouwer, Sander Leendertse Glen, Symon Volkertse Verder, Pieter Adriaense Van Wogulum, Tuenise Cornelisse Swart, Marten Cornelisse Van Esselsteyn, William Teller, Garrit Bancker, Arent Andriesse Bratt, Pieter Jacobse Borsboom, Pieter Danielse Van Olinda, Jan Barentse Temple, and Jacques Cornelisse Van Slyck.

Centennial Anniversary Tablet. March 26, 1898.

Map

Categories and Features



Black metal iron fence
Flowers and white fence
Rounded stone steps and iron railing
Colorful slate roof side
Flags
Yellow House
Red iron decoration atop a roof
Lamps and brick wall

Other Properties You Be May Interested In

251 Green Street
251 Green Street
12 Union Street
12 Union Street
109 South Ferry Street
109 South Ferry Street